Fire Sentry FS24X
Multi-Spectrum Triple IR (IR/IR/IR/Visible) Flame Detector
The Fire Sentry FS24X is the latest generation high technology Multi-Spectrum Triple IR (IR/IR/IR/Visible) Flame Detector, which is part of our FSX family of advanced technology Electro-Optical fire detectors. Using our patented* WideBand IR™, WideBand 4.3 micron IR™, and Visible detection technology, the Fire Sentry FS24X is a quantum leap in flame detection. Sophisticated software algorithms and dual microprocessors ensure that the Fire Sentry FS24X has the highest fire detection performance combined with optimal false alarm rejection.
The WideBand IR™ Infrared technology using high-speed solid-state Quantum sensors allows detection of all types of fires, hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon, in all weather conditions. If the detector’s signal is blocked by ordinary window glass, the patented WideBand IR sensors will still alarm to the fire but at a reduced sensitivity and slower response time.
Dual microprocessors provide a high level of fail-safe operation combined with fast and reliable performance. The Master Microprocessor performs high-speed digital sampling and signal-processing calculations; while the slave microprocessor handles various sensor data, performs communications, self-diagnostics and provides interface versatility; and additional memory for storing Event Log and FirePic™ data.
The Fire Sentry FSX family of detectors feature our patented* FirePic data storage and information retrieval facility. FirePic™ records pre-fire data, which can be recovered from the Detector’s non-volatile flash memory for post fire analysis and postulation of the fire cause. Additionally, unique Real-Time Graphing (RTG™) allows viewing of the data that the Detector actually sees. A combination of outputs makes the Fire Sentry FS24X a truly versatile detector for today’s demanding industrial requirements.
The Fire Sentry FS24X Flame Detector has a detection range greater than 200 feet (Very High Sensitivity setting) for the detection of a one square-foot Heptane reference fire and has a cone of vision far greater in volumetric coverage than any other Multi-Spectrum IR Detector. This means fewer detectors can be used as compared to other manufacturers’ detectors.
- Patented* WideBand IR™ Technology
- Patented* Electronic Frequency Analysis™
- Visible Sensor for optimum false alarm rejection
- Selectable detection sensitivities
- Field-of-View: 110° full 100% cone-of-vision (90° full 100% cone-of-vision model also available)
- Dual microprocessors for reliable performance
- Real-time clock for accurate time dating of events
- FirePic™ — pre-fire event data storage
- Event log with date and time stamp
- RS-485 ModBus communication
- Non-Isolated 4-20 mA Analog output (sink or source)
- Alarm, Fault and Fire Verification relays
- Automatic optical path and electronic self-test
- Widest operating temperature range
- Patented* Electronics Module for components protection with easy plug-in terminations and field installation
- Two ¾” NPT OR 25mm conduit entries
- Low power consumption
- High RFI and EMI immunity
- FM, ATEX, CE mark approvals
- Meets SIL 2 requirements
FS24X-211-23: QuadBand™ IR3+ Detector, Copper-Free Aluminum Encl., (2) M25
FS24X-211-23: QuadBand™ IR3+ Detector, 316 Stainless Steel Encl. (2) M25 entries
FS24X-221-23: QuadBand™ IR3+ Detector, Copper-Free Aluminum Encl., (2) M25, High Temperature
FS24X-221-23: QuadBand™ IR3+ Detector, 316 Stainless Steel Encl. (2) M25 entries, High Temperature
- IECEx certificate # FMG 14.0027X
- Ex d IIC Gb T4 (Ta -60°C to +110°C) T5 (Ta -40°C to +75°C) T6 (Ta -40°C to +65°C)
- Ex tb IIIC T135°C DB IP66